American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
I am a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Founded in 1962, the AAML is a national not-for-profit membership association composed of the nation’s leading matrimonial lawyers from all 50 states and the District of Columbia, totalling over 1600 Fellows.
Admission into the AAML is very selective. The application process is rigorous, and requires an extensive written application listing all of the time and practice requirements of the AAML. Applicants must also undergo an extensive peer and judge review, and go through personal interviews. California Fellows must also be certified as specialists in the practice of family law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
My involvement in the AAML includes:
- National Technology Committee, National Webinar Committee (former vice-chair)
- Board of Managers – Northern California Chapter, 2012 to 2017
- Past President – Northern California Chapter, 2017
- President – Northern California Chapter, 2016
- President Elect – Northern California Chapter, 2015
- Treasurer – Northern California Chapter, 2014
- Secretary – Northern California Chapter, 2013
- Northern California Chapter Symposium Chair, 2012
International Academy of Family Lawyers
I am a Fellow in the International Academy of Family Lawyers. The IAFL is a worldwide association of practising lawyers who are recognised by their peers as the most experienced and skilled family law specialists in their respective countries. Being an IAFL Fellow is quite an honor. Simply put, the IAFL is the most prestigious global group of family law lawyers. There are less than 800 Fellows worldwide. Admission is by selective invitation and application.
I have had the privilege of participating in IAFL programs around the world, including:
- Bordeaux, France
- Seville, Spain
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Savannah, Georgia
Association of Certified Family Law Specialist (ACFLS)
I am a member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialist. ACFLS membership is limited to those California family law lawyers who have passed the examination, met the experience requirements, and satisfied the peer review standards required to be certified as a family law specialist by The State Bar of California board of Legal Specialization.
- Judge Pro Tem with the Alameda County Superior Court
- Alameda County Bar Association (Family Law Section, Executive Committee 2009-2010)
- Contra Costa County Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Eastern Alameda County Bar Association (Past Board Member, 2006 President)